Helix type heat exchangers with spiral partitions
We carry out the design and supply of heat exchangers with spiral partitions of the «Helix» type according to the designs of the company «ABB Lummus HT BV».
The heat exchanger of the type Helix is a shell-and-tube heat exchanger with helicoid partitions in the annular space.
Each partition is a segment of one quarter of a circle, with a certain angle of inclination relative to the axial line of the heat exchanger. The successive partitions are arranged in such a way as to create in the annular space the conditions of a continuous coil flow with a regime close to the piston one.
The advantages of a shell-and-tube heat exchanger with perpendicular Helix segment barriers:
- increase in heat transfer coefficient;
- reducing the magnitude of the vibration of the tube bundle;
- reduction of contamination of the internal surfaces of the lower part of the apparatus;
- reducing the size of the heat exchanger or reducing the energy consumption of raw pumps by 15-25%;
- increase the life of the heat exchanger to stop for preventive maintenance.
|Case diameter, mm
||from 300 to 3200|
|Length, mm||to 12000|
|Pressure, MPa||to 45|
|Temperature of environment, °С||from -253 to +600|
|Wall thickness, mm
||from 12 to 160|